Pinterest

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Charlie Bumpers Vs. The Teacher of the Year by Bill Harley



  • Genre:  Realistic School Story - Humor  
  • Grade Level:  2nd - 5th 
  • Reading Level: 3.5
  • Length: 169 pages - 3 hours
  • Publisher: Peachtree (2014)


  • My Rating: 4 out of 4

    Charlie Bumpers is entering 4th grade and discovers that he is getting the strictest teacher who also was Teacher of the Year. He isn't so sure she likes him since a shoe throwing incident from the past year. Charlie gets into all kinds of scrapes and problems but overall is a decent friendly boy.  The book is just a fun school story that I think many kids will like.  (It reminded me of a Calvin Coconut book minus the Hawaiian setting.) It has some great illustrations sprinkled throughout the book. This book is the first in a series of books and I look forward to ordering this series for my elementary students.  I think they will like it.  
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment