Pinterest

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spaced Out by Stuart Gibbs


  • Genre:  Science Fiction/Mystery
  • Grade Level: 5th - 8th
  • Reading Level: 5.2  (10.0 pts.
  • Length: 353 pages
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (April 5, 2016)
  • My Rating: 4 out of 4
  • Readability:  A sequel to Space Case (A Moon Base Alpha Novel). Fun and fast to read!
  • Division 2 and Crossover

I liked Space Case so much that I read the sequel immediately.  I normally do not continue a series when reading for my library kids.  I like to get the idea and then move on to another series. However, I loved the mystery and the science fiction genre smashing.  Genre smashing is what I call two or more genres in one book.  Science Fiction and Mystery along with a lot of humor makes this a type of cozy mystery I love to read in my adult reading.  Nothing too horrific!

In this book, Dash is trying to figure out what happened to Nina the space commander when she suddenly disappears.  We also find that the rich space tourists, the Sjobergs, are up to something as well. It is so much fun to imagine living on the moon and a future life very different than on earth.  I look forward to more in the series!

I love this book review by a young student. She probably has a future career in publishing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment