Pinterest

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley



  • Genre:  Fantasy
  • Grade Level: 4th - 6th 
  • Reading Level: 4.8
  • Length: 304 pages
  • Publisher:  Dial Books (June 2, 2015)
  • My Rating: 5 out of 4
  • Readability: Great story, hard to put down. 
  • Summary:
    "When he realizes that his grandfather's stories of an enchanted circus are true, Micah Tuttle sets out to find the mysterious Circus Mirandus--and to use its magic to save his grandfather's life"--
  • Division 1 and Crossover

Micah Tuttle lives with his grandfather as his parents have died in a car accident. His grandfather is dying and his great aunt comes to live with them to help out. She is the character who is mean and hard-hearted and gets no sympathy from the reader. MIcah knows of the stories of a magic circus his grandfather visited as a boy. His grandfather has a saved wish to be granted by the circus and Micah believes it is to save his grandfather's life. Micah sets out to get this accomplished. 

This book is not the type of story I am drawn to.  I tend to lean toward liking realistic fiction. So, this book has not made it to my pile until this past week. I found this book hard to put down and totally engrossing! The characters were wonderful. The story was surprising and the lessons were wonderful. 
I highly recommend this book.  The illustrations between chapters were stunning.  I looked forward to them.  I can see this as a great movie someday!





No comments:

Post a Comment