Pinterest

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Once in a Blue Moon Lodge by Lorna Landvik



Adult Read

Genre:  Fiction
My Rating: 4 out of 4
Readability: Easy and Fun Read!

I went to  Lorna Landvik's book signing this summer in Park Rapids, Minnesota. It was standing room only and she was so funny and warm that I knew I had to get the book. The public library had a long list of reserves this summer and so I just picked it up on Friday and spent the weekend on the couch instead of the 90 degree heat we were experiencing this fall reading. 

It is about the family from Landvik's book Patty Jane's House of Curl which I read ages ago. (1995 copyright) This book could be a stand alone book, since I can't remember much about the first one.  I think I may need to reread that one though!  The family is a wonderful Minnesota family with lots of quirky characters which experience life with each other and their neighbors and friends. 

Nora is the daughter of Patty Jane and she ends up buying a huge lake lodge somewhere around Brainerd, MN because of a very unusual situation. Her Norwegian husband, triplets, mother and father and significant other as well as her grandparents become residents of the home as well.  This book basically gives you a peek into their lives. A friend of mine told me that she like reading because she was a big snoop and liked to know what was going on in someone's life.  This is a perfect kind of book for that! You never know what small things in life will make a big impact on you and who you meet along the way will be important to you.  Everyone is a character and there are lots of laughs and some tears as well.  A great weekend read!

No comments:

Post a Comment