Pinterest

Sunday, June 30, 2019

State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy


I discovered a little library on one of my regular walking routes and I like to take a peek at the titles. I found this cozy mystery and borrowed it.  It turned out to be a great mystery series that I plan to continue reading.  I will have to check the public library for more books. The series is called The White House Chef series and there are a total of 9 books. 

The book is about the White House's assistant chef Olivia Paras who not only can do amazing things in one of the most prestigious kitchens in America but also manages to do some sleuthing on the side. This mystery takes the reader to the kitchens of Camp David and adds a little political intrigue by introducing characters from around the world. 

The story is not too sinister or gruesome which is typical of a cozy mystery.  There are lots of details about the workings of the White House kitchen and the author even includes recipes. Chef Olivia is curious and a bit of a snoop which makes the reader happy to join her in her mystery pursuit.  

I highly recommend this book. If you like the culinary mysteries of Diane Mott Davidson or you like Madam Secretary TV show, try this book series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment