Pinterest

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Strong Girl Characters!

Strong Girl Character Book Recommendations!

I am on a good reading streak and I have really liked almost everything I have picked up! I had the above stack of books on my desk and realized that all of the characters are really strong and charming characters filled with heart and spirit. Let me tell you about them.

Roll With It by Jamie Sumner

Ellie and her mother move to help take care of her grandfather during the middle of the school year. She is having to adjust to a new living and school situation which isn't easy since she has to use a wheelchair. She was born with cerebral palsy and isn't strong enough to walk. Her grandparent's home and her new school are not quite ready for wheelchairs. It seems like the challenges are too much, but Ellie begins making friends which makes this move one of the best things that have happened to her. 

I loved Ellie! She is a fighter who doesn't let her disability stop her. It is a fast read, about a 4th-grade reading level, and 250 pages long. I really liked it and give it a 4-star rating. 
All the Colors of Magic by Valija Zinck

The intense colors on the cover of the book drew me in. It is about a little girl who discovers she has magical abilities from her red hair. Her father has been missing since she was little and now Penelope is being led through a road and voices that she needs to go on a rescue mission. Hopefully, she will find out the mystery of where her father is on her journey. 

I found this book very compelling because it was so different and full of interesting magic and mystery. I really liked it and give it 4-stars.  It is about a 5th-grade reading level and is 279 pages long. 

Shine by J. J. and Chris Grabestein

Piper doesn't feel like she was born to shine or be a star but she loves the stars, as in astronomy. Her father lands a new music teaching job at a very elite private middle school. Piper is enrolled as a student and discovers she doesn't quite fit into the culture of the school. She is trying to find her way when a special contest is announced and everyone is school is doing all they can to win the prestigious prize. She faces some decisions about staying true to herself. 

This book was so funny!  I am pretty sure I laughed out loud. It is a story about someone who is not willing to compromise who she truly is. I really liked it and rate it 4-stars. It is a 4th-grade reading level and 210 pages. 

Captain Superlative by J. S. Puller

A girl with a red mask, blue wig, silver swimsuit, rubber gloves, torn tights, high-top sneakers and a cape is running through the halls of a middle school helping kids and preventing mishaps. Janey Silverman is curious and wants to find out who is behind the mask. She ends up finding out more than she had planned and her life along with her classmates are changed. 

Grab some tissues because you will probably need them. I really liked this book and rate it a 4-star. It is a 4th-grade reading level and is 245 pages long. 

All of these books are great character studies that are also fast and fun reads.  I recommend all of them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment