Pinterest

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Books I Read in July



I was on vacation in July and read a lot of books by the pool! I read 11 adult books and 7 middle-grade books for a total of 18 books this month.  I have broken them into two parts. The first graphic show all of the adult titles I read. The graphic below shows the books I am read for my middle-grade books.

I will briefly describe each book.  For more details, check out my Facebook or Instagram posts. 

5 stars | The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek | Kim Michele Richardson
Another great book historical fiction book about the packhorse librarians in the 1930's. This one also explores the blue skin people who lived in Kentucky and how they also faced racism. Such a good read...I shed a few tears on this one. 

5 stars | Orphan Train | Christina Baker Kline | 2016
Great story about a young Irish immigrant girl and her harrowing childhood experiences as an orphan who was sent to the midwest to find a family.  I love stories like this. 

5 stars | Westering Women | Sandra Dallas | 2020
This is a dramatic historical fiction book about single and widowed women who joined a wagon train to get to California and seek husbands. 

5 stars | The 10,000 Doors of January | Alix E. Harrow
Fantasy and Historical Fiction mixed together with a lot of fairytale qualities is the basis of this novel. It was a slow start and I put it down. When I came back, I started over and loved 

4 stars | I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness | Brown
I listened to this one which was narrated by the author. It is her experiences helping organizations and individuals understand racism through her view. 

4 stars | Sweet Tea and Sympathy | Harper | 2017
Funny S
outhern romance that I listened to from Audible. 

4 stars | The Last Flight | Julie Clark | June 2020
A thriller that wasn't too scary for me but one I couldn't put down!

4 stars | The Masterpiece |  Francine Rivers |  February 2019
Christian romance about an artist who also does graffiti secretly at night and his new assistant who doesn't want to make any more mistakes in her life. 

3 stars | Wild Montana Skies | Susan May Warren
Christian romance sent near Glacier National Park about a pilot who helps with rescue missions and has to face her ex-boyfriend and their rocky past. 

2 stars | One To Watch | Kate Stayman-London
A Bachelor-like television show asks plus size social media influencer to be the next bachelorette on their show. 

2 stars | Beach Read | Emily Henry
Two authors have houses next door to each other one summer and since they both are blocked, decide to switch genre styles and write the other person's type of book. 

Here are my middle-grade books for July!  I'll do another blog post about these titles later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment