Pinterest

Monday, February 22, 2021

Still Life by Louise Penny

 

Still Life | Louise Penny | Mystery Series (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Series | 2008

This is a smart cozy mystery with lots of French Canadian cultural references. It takes place in a small village called Three Pines on the weekend of the Canadian Thanksgiving which is in October.  A well-loved villager is found dead in the woods and has been shot by an arrow.  It seems it may not be an accident. Inspector Gamache is called in to investigate. 

It took me a while to get all of the characters straight. About halfway through the book I begin to settle into the writing style. I heard they get better and better! So I will keep going. They have quite the waiting list at my public library and so I think that is a good sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment