Pinterest

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Favorite Middle Grade Books from Summer Reading

 

I will admit that I read a lot more adult books this summer, however, I still ended up with 10 terrific books to recommend for a middle-grade reader. Check out my favorites!

Hattie Big Sky  

This book is based on a true story about a young teenager who goes to Montana to homestead her Uncle's portion after his death. I loved this book back when it first came out in 2006. I listened to the audio a few years back and loved it again. On my summer trip, while driving through Montana, I listened to it again. That's high praise for a book when I can say I read it three times.  I think I loved the sequel even more. Check out the next link. 

Hattie Ever After  

Ahmed Aziz's Epic Year

The Comeback

Inkling

This is a fantasy about a little ink blot who comes to life and befriends a boy and his family in their struggles. Lots of pictures will make this a great book for kids and I loved the heartwarming story. 

Stamped (for Kids)

City Spies: Golden Gate

This is the second book in the City Spies series. This time the kids end up in San Francisco with lots of mystery, adventure, and spying. 

Red, White, and Whole

Reha is an Indian American girl who feels torn between two cultures and also has to deal with her mother's serious illness. This book is written in verse and is beautiful and heartbreaking. 

Max & the Midknights

The author of Big Nate has a new series set in the middle ages. This funny story is about Max and the quest to become a knight. It is a graphic novel-style book and is sure to be a hit with young readers. 

From the Desk of Zoe Washington

Zoe learns that her father is in prison and starts to write to him discovering that he was falsely accused of his crime. As she gets to know him, she wants to help him get out of prison. 


No comments:

Post a Comment