Pinterest

Friday, December 31, 2021

Best Books I Read in 2021

 

 

This is my bookshelf of favorite books in 2021 in no particular order.  I read 105 books this year and my goal was 100. Of course, at least 50% of the books I read are middle grade and therefore I can read them much faster. Overall I had a good reading year and most of the books I read were 3, 4, or 5-star books.  I had a handful of 2 and 1-star books.  Typically I do not finish books if I don't like them and therefore they never get a star rating.  

I don't have a #1 favorite book to name this year.  Taking a look at my list, I just can't pick out one and so I will just leave it at that. These are the titles that I have most recommended others to read or I have actually just lent out.  

I did participate in The Bible in 90 Days reading this year and I was happy to be able to start and finish it in 90 days. Basically, you read about 30 minutes a day from the Bible from Genesis through Revelation in 90 days. What a great accomplishment.  I will have to do this again. I used the You Bible App for reading and pacing. I liked changing the version and sometimes even listened to the day's reading portion. 

I did some blog posts about some of these books titles and I have linked them below.  In 2022, I plan to keep this blog for my middle-grade books that I read.  I will post my adult reads on Instagram and Facebook with a short review.  

I also enjoyed keeping track of my books on Good Reads this year.  I have a handful of friends who also track their reading this way and it was so fun to see what they were reading over the year.  You can find me on Good Reads by my name, Diane Yliniemi. Try it out!

I am going to keep my Book of the Month this year too.  I really enjoy this subscription book service. I actually picked three books for January since I anticipate lots of reading around a cozy fire during the cold winter months. 

Scribd is another new service I now subscribe to.  It has audio and eBooks that I can listen to or read. It is like Netflix for books!  This was so good when I was traveling this summer because there were so many audiobooks to choose from.  It also has so many middle-grade books and that is a bonus for keeping up with reading books for school. 

Here is my list. If I have written a review, I have linked the books. Otherwise, I have a short summary. 

The Story of Arthur Truluv, Night of Miracles, The Confession Club

Big Lies in a Small Town 

Two timelines of 1940 and 2018 tell the story and mystery of a post office mural that was created and then later restored.

The Kitchen Front

If I Were You, The Wishbook Christmas

The first story, If I Were You,  is about two girlfriends who served in England during the blitz in London during WWII. One if from the working class and one is from nobility but the war evens the social classes. One of the women ends up pretending to be the other in order to survive after the war. 

The Wishbook Christmas is a novella follow-up about the women and their families after the war.  

The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh

The Midnight Library

The Four Winds

The Last Thing He Told Me

No comments:

Post a Comment