Pinterest

Saturday, February 5, 2022

City Spies: Forbidden City by James Ponti

 

2022 | 448 pages  | 8 Hours Audio |  Grades 4-7 

I loved book three even more than one and two! I think I have gotten to know the characters better which makes a difference. You don't have to work so hard to keep everyone straight.   They are your friends. 

Once again the five teens are spying for the British M16 and this time they go to Moscow and Beijing. In the midst of a billionaire and his villainous scheme involving nuclear warheads and a brilliant nuclear scientist and a chess championship, the spies have their hands full. 

I love how complicated and yet simple this series is. It could continue for a while. I love the travel aspect too and have to stop and google for images of the places they visit. I personally think it would make great television! 

I am a fan of James Ponti. I read all three of his "Framed" series. I may be going back to read his "Dead City" series.  Both are only a trilogy.  I hope that "City Spies" continues to be a much longer series. There are so many cities to discover!

Check out the book trailer.  It is sure to entice a reader!





No comments:

Post a Comment