Pinterest

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reading The Secret Chicken Society to 3rd Grade Classes


Each year I choose a Maud Hart Lovelace book that is short enough to read to the 3rd graders. Even though the book might also be one they can read independently, I find that there are so many enhancements to the read aloud....vocabulary, background knowledge, projects, etc.  

So this year I started keeping track of the first reading on chart paper, Then I found some great you tube videos and graphics and I had to find a new way to save our progress.  So check out our padlet!
We are reading chapter 3 and 4 this cycle.  There are twelve chapters in the book. 

I plan to introduce a chicken project where we collect spare change for a flock or more of chickens for Heifer International.  





No comments:

Post a Comment