Pinterest

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Saving Winslow by Sharon Creech


I timed myself when I read Saving Winslow.  It took me one hour to read this book!  It was truly fun, fast and easy!  Louie, the main character, agrees to take care of a sickly newborn mini donkey and is optimistic in the donkey's survival despite his previous track record with pet survival.  His determination, love and care is admirable. A friend named Nora knows it is risky to love because of her own losses but connects in her friendship with Louie. 

I posted a picture of Winslow Homer's "Weaning a Calf" painting in the above graphic because this picture plays a part in the name of the mini donkey and connections to Louie. This book would be a great read aloud, book club, or just a quick read for busy kids and teachers. It is heartwarming, funny, inspirational and winning animal story.  I rate it a 4 out of 4!

Grade Level: 3-7
Reading Level:  4.2
Pages:  176 pages
Publisher:  HarperCollins (September 11, 2018)

ISBN: 978-0062570703

No comments:

Post a Comment