Pinterest

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah





  

Adult Read or High School

Genre:  Historical Fiction
My Rating: 5 out of 4
Readability: Couldn’t put it down, unforgettable, must read! 

Summary: 
Reunited when the elder's husband is sent to fight in World War II, French sisters Vianne and Isabelle find their bond as well as their respective beliefs tested by a world that changes in horrific ways. The plot contains graphic violence.

I asked someone last year what the best book they read was and they mentioned this title and so I purchased it at the Barnes and Noble book fair our school was hosting. It was the very best choice for purchase. I usually don’t read books again…. but I may just reread this one. I also am lending it out to several people already. (That is my joy…sharing books!) So, if you haven’t read this book, get it and read it!  It is GOOD!

I connected to characters and I was so amazed at the trials they went through knowing this was probably very typical of women during WWW II. It made me so thankful and inspired. This is a book I read on vacation and was so glad I could just read and read and read. Of course, it is always sad to come to end of a great book that you loved reading because you don’t know what you can even find to read next.  I felt that way when I finished reading Little House on the Prairie books in 3rd grade. I wasn’t sure if I could ever find anything better!

So read this everyone and let me know what was your best book last year!




No comments:

Post a Comment